5 reasons why you need renters insurance on Valentine’s Day
Love it or hate it, but Valentine’s Day has grown into one of the top holidays of our times. Whether you’re enchanted by all the red hearts or annoyed by the rom-coms overrunning theaters this time of year, chances are you’ll mark the holiday by at least an e-card or by attending an anti-Valentine‘s day party. And while renter’s insurance might not be the most romantic Valentine’s gift for your significant other, it might just be the best V-day gift for yourself. Here are some of the reasons why:
- You’ve planned the perfect stay-in Valentine’s date weeks ahead. You’ve rented your favorite movies, made an exceptional romantic playlist, bought fancy French wine and put together a menu that would make even Gordon Ramsay proud. That is it would have, had you not forgot dinner in the oven, while making some last-minute tweaks to your romantic playlist. Now it’s not only dinner that is ruined, but the oven is charred along with the wall around it. Kitchen fires are some of the most common and hazardous there are, so never leave cooking food unattended.
- It’s not only the kitchen that is a significant fire source. No romantic date would be perfect without candlelight. While it’s easy to forget about putting out candles, you must definitely should always check if you’ve done so. Many of your household items are highly flammable, and it only takes the tiniest of accidents to end up with serious damage to your home and property. While your landlord’s insurance will cover damage to the apartment, you need renters insurance to keep your property safe from financial distress.
- Although we’re finally getting close to spring, winter has yet to finish with us. Renters insurance will have your back in case a snowstorm hits and your apartment suffers damage. Nothing like a surprise snowstorm hurling a tree-branch through your windows and into your brand-new flat-screen to put a damper on a romantic mood.
- But it’s not only fires and the perils of Mother Nature that renters insurance covers. It will also come in handy if your apartment gets broken into while you’re away on a weekend ski getaway. Of course you always need to make sure your policy is up to date and includes as many of your belongings as possible.
- While you might be bananas about your girlfriend’s fashion-forward attitude, your dog might not recognize the red sole and designer name and just figure you’ve gotten him a fancy new chew toy. If you’ve got renter’s insurance with pet coverage, that won’t put a damper on Valentine’s celebrations.
Happy Valentine’s Day!